- Single 2-Port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil particles using 50 micron bronze filter
- Application-specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location
- Billet 6061 aluminium sealed can
- Protects the high-revving Subaru boxer engine from oil blow-by
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Internal air diverter turbulates air longer to improve oil separation
- No cutting or modification required
- Bracket fits both LHD and RHD cars, in addition to aftermarket strut tower bars and diagonal braces
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
The Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch Can Kit is designed and engineered to work on your BRZ/86 to eliminate harmful blow by vapors from re-entering your engine. The FA20 in the BRZ/86 utilizes a slightly different type of direct injection system that also uses port fuel injectors to help reduce carbon buildup. Even though carbon buildup isn’t as severe as most direct-injected engines, there is still enough that you will need this catch can kit to help your boxer engine run its best.
Thousands of test miles were logged on a Subaru BRZ to determine what can setup would work the best. Mishimoto engineers found that most vehicles, placing the catch can in the vacuum assisted PCV system of the vehicle will yield the most amount of oil accumulation during normal and aggressive driving. Where a catch can placed on the crankcase vent system on the front of the engine will yield nearly no accumulation on stock or modified vehicles. Having only one catch can, tied into the PCV system on the back of the engine will, by far, work the best for the vast majority of BRZ/86 vehicles on the road. Mishimoto engineers found that a second catch can on the crankcase vent side will only be beneficial for vehicles with forced induction.
The Mishimoto BRZ/86 catch can kit uses the Mishimoto 2-Port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can with a bronze filter, and internal baffled to better separate the oil from the crankcase vapors. It also includes one direct fit mounting bracket that not only is extremely easy to install but also fits right hand drive as well! The BRZ/86 catch can kit comes with two direct fit silicone hoses available in either black, blue, or red to suit your taste. The hoses are designed to fit right onto the 10mm PCV valve and into the 12mm port on the intake manifold. Two plastic, ½” barb fittings connect the hoses to the can. And, like every Mishimoto oil catch can, this baffled catch can kit comes with the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty!